WHO IS ABLE TO EXPORT?
All the foreign or national individuals and companies, that are established domestically and that have been registered as exporters on ECUAPASS. They need to have the final approval from the Ecuadorian Customs.
- RUC (Tax ID)
- Granted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS): http://www.srig.gob.ec
- Digital signature
- Ecuadorian Central Bank (http://www.eci.bce.ec/web/guest/), or
- Security Data: http://www.securitydata.net.ec/
- Registration in ECUAPASS: http://www.ecuapass.aduana.gob.ec)
- The importer needs to register the digital signature
- Obtain the registration with the Ministry of Industries when exporting:
- Scrap and waste of ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Leather and fur exports
- In the case of maritime exports:
- The exporter has to be registered on the corresponding port. This registration is done on the website of all ports.
An Export declaration (DAE) is submitted to ECUAPASS, along with the invoice and any other documentation existing prior to the shipment.
- The information reflected on the DAE (Export Customs Declaration) is:
- Shipper´s or declarant information
- Merchandise description (it is done per item on the invoice)
- Information of the Consignee
- Destination of the goods
- The digital documentation that go along with the DAE through ECUAPASS are:
- Original commercial invoice
- Authorizations (when applicable)
- Certificate of origin (when applicable)
Once the DAE has been accepted, the cargo will enter the primary zone of the port/airport and the warehouse registers the entry of the merchandise prior its export.
Before the loading of the cargo on the vessel, an examination channel will be assigned. The channels are:
- Automatic Examination
- Document Examination
- Physical (Intrusive) Examination
If Customs have an observation during the export process, they will notify via ECUAPASS. Once the DAE counts with the final documentation, its status will show “Authorized Departure” and it will be able to be loaded on the vessel/aircraft/vehicle.
When the cargo is flagged for physical examination, the exporter or its representative will have to attend the examination and customs will verify that the documents go in accordance with the cargo.