WHO IS ABLE TO IMPORT?
All foreign or national individuals and companies, that are established domestically and that have been registered as importers on ECUAPASS. They need to have the final approval from the Ecuadorian Customs.
- RUC (Tax ID)
- Granted by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS): http://www.srig.gob.ec
- Digital signature
- Ecuadorian Central Bank (http://www.eci.bce.ec/web/guest/), or
- Security Data: http://www.securitydata.net.ec/
- Registration in ECUAPASS: http://www.ecuapass.aduana.gob.ec)
- The importer needs to register the digital signature
TARIFF CODE SEARCH
If the importer wants to know if a certain good is subject to restrictions or cannot be imported, the following link will provide help: ttp://ecuapass.aduana.gob.ec/ipt_server/ipt_flex/ipt_arancel.jsp
- A customs broker is required
- Documents prior to the departure of the imported merchandise have to be obtained, in accordance with the law ((Art. 72 del Reglamento al Libro V del Copci)
- Supporting documents
- Bill of Lading / Air Waybill
- Commercial Invoice or any document that supports the commercial transaction
- Certificate of Origin (if applicable)
- Other documents that the Ecuadorian Customs consider to be necessary.
Once the import declaration (DAI) has been submitted through ECUAPASS, the system will automatically provide a reference number and the examination type the merchandise will be subject to.
- Automatic Non-intrusive
- Documental Examination
- Physical (Intrusive) Examination
In the case of perishables, live animals and/or goods similar in by their nature, the Ecuadorian Customs will grant top priority for examination procedures.
PAYMENT OF DUTIES AND TAXES
The duties arising from international trade operations are: tariffs and customs fees. In Ecuador, these charges are calculated from the CIF value of the merchandise.
- TO VALUE: Duties are charged on the import of goods that consist of percentages bases on the type of product. They are applied over the sum of: Cost, insurance and ocean freight (CIF value of merchandise).
- FONDINFA: It is the 0.5% of the CIF value of the merchandise
- ICE: It is a variable percentage depending on the type of good imported. For more information, please visit: sri.gob.ec,
- IVA (VAT): Corresponds to the 12% of the: CIF value + Advalorem + FONDINFA + ICE.
- Import for consumption
- Temporary admission for re-export to the same state
- Temporary Admission for domestic improvement
- Merchandise reposition
- Transformation under customs control
- Customs warehouse
- Re-import into the same state